I just found a wonderful blog post by Barrie Davenport and thought I’d share it with you.
It is essentially about lying to ourselves, making excuses and blaming the past (and others) for not moving forward with our lives and careers.
Here’s a quote to get you started:
We say things like . . .
- Everything in my life is bad right now.
- I can’t do that or my family would fall apart.
- I’ve tried that before and it never works.
- I can’t live without him (her).
- I’m just not disciplined enough.
- I’m totally overwhelmed.
- I’ll never get out from under this debt.
- There’s no way to change my life.
- I’ll never be able to find a job I love.
- My childhood (divorce, break-up, job loss) has wounded me forever.
Find the full post at The Crippling Lies You May Be Telling Yourself | Live Bold & Bloom, and have a look at this post about resistance and fear of change.
If you are a singer/musician, you might also find this post interesting.
Do any of these things sound familiar to you?
© Petra Raspel 2013