Petra Raspel is a vocal and cognitive coach with special expertise in helping (performing) artists and creatives to overcome limiting beliefs and emotional blocks to perform better and without fear.
She has helped hundreds of people to prepare for or sustain a singing career, find personal fulfilment through music and overcome limiting beliefs and performance anxiety. Her articles on singing, creativity and performance psychology have been featured in several publications.
Petra studied music, performance pedagogy and psychology and can look back on a career in musical theatre performance, private education and academia. She lives in Glasgow with her husband and daughter.
Singing & Speaking
- Two decades experience as a performer of classical and contemporary music (e.g. Thomas Kirche Leipzig, Savoy Theater Düsseldorf)
- Female lead and support in Musical Theatre productions
- Shows, concerts and tours throughout Europe (UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, Poland, Austria and Switzerland)
- Voice-over work
- Detailed artistic CV on request
- Owner of Singing Sense Singing Studio (est. 2006) in Dumbarton (Greater Glasgow area/Scotland)
- Associate Tutor for Vocal Performance / Solo Performance Specialist for the BA (Hons) Applied Music course at the University of the Highlands and Islands
- Extensive teaching and coaching experience, special interests include vocal physiology, contemporary singing techniques, music & performance psychology, and life & career coaching for artists
- Experienced workshop leader
- Writer / published author: blogs, websites, magazines, e.g. Music Teacher Magazine, The Banter (recently shortlisted for the Scottish Magazine Awards)
- Articles on creativity and copyright referenced in Entrepreneurship for the Creative and Cultural Industries (Bonita Kolb)
- Postgraduate Diploma (Ruhr-Universität Bochum): Musicology, Theatre Studies and Geography
- Vocational certificate/award in Musical Theatre Performance (Stage School Hamburg) with Thomas Christ, Sven Niemeyer and Anja Launhardt
- Private (vocal) studies, courses and masterclasses, e.g. with Elke Dahn, Claudia Schill, Claudia Duschner, Tom Burke, Gillyanne Kayes and Hans Zimmer
- Diploma in Drama Education, specialism in voice use and training (Stonebridge Associated Colleges)
- Psychology studies (University of the West of Scotland) and accredited Diploma in Cognitive Coaching and Mentoring (Institute of Counselling)
- Professional development in: Progressive Muscle Relaxation, Feldenkrais, Alexander Technique, Dalcroze Eurythmics, Estill Voice Training and Complete Vocal Technique