This session will give voice users, performers and performing arts teachers a theoretical and practical introduction into the vast topic of (Music) Performance Anxiety:
- What is anxiety, and why do we develop (Music) Performance Anxiety?
- How feelings of fear and anxiety impact voice users and performers somatically, cognitively and behaviourally
- Why understanding “fight, flight and freeze” is the first step to normalising our physiological responses and removing the stigma
- The difference between “top-down” and “bottom-up” approaches, and why there is no “one-size-fits-all-magic bullet”
- When referral is advised
- Practical examples and explorations of safe strategies to help clients with (Music) Performance Anxiety without crossing the boundary into therapy
All webinars will be recorded and available on replay for four weeks after you receive the link, so absolutely no problem if you can’t attend live.
After you have registered, you will be added to a mailing list, and you will receive your Zoom link in ample time. For this reason, please make sure your email address on the payment page is correct.