In this webinar, we will look into Performance Anxiety:
- What is it?
- How do we experience it (hint: it’s not the same for everyone)?
- What professional approaches are out there to help?
- What can we do ourselves if we suffer from performance anxiety?
- How can we help students without crossing therapeutic boundaries?
You will get in-depth information about the following topics:
- The psychological differences between stress, worry and anxiety
- The neuroscience of anxiety
- How and why do we develop (music performance) anxiety?
- The different manifestations of anxiety (somatic, cognitive and behavioural)
- What’s the difference between “top down” and “bottom up” approaches, and why there is no “one-size-fits-all-magic-bullet”
- Different professional treatment approaches: Exposure, CBT, MBCT/MBSR, ACT, Somatic Experiencing/Somatic Therapy
- “Helpful Hints” from these modalities that you can use yourself, or try with your students, without too much risk (there will be disclaimers though ;))
- Coaching vs Therapy: The boundaries that must be in place in the studio
Plus, you will have the opportunity to ask your questions in a Q&A after the presentation (depending on number of participants), and get the recording of the event to keep for your reference or in case you can’t attend live.
Zoom links will be sent out upon booking/prior to the event.