Dear Students and Clients!
I am happy to announce that from September 1, 2021, there will be opportunity for in person lessons at the studio again.
Please keep in mind that singing remains a higher risk activity not necessarily comparable to other activities, and for this reason, some precautions need to be in place.
I still offer online lessons, and I encourage you to stay online under the following circumstances:
- You aren’t vaccinated/boosted
- You, or someone in your household, are of vulnerable health/were previously in the shielding category
- Online is simply more comfortable and convenient for you (that’s totally ok – we’ve done it for so long, and it works 🙂)
I absolutely require you to stay online if:
- You display any symptoms of a cold or flu, even if they aren’t COVID-specific – students who arrive at the studio with cold symptoms will be sent home, and the lesson will still be charged as per my general cancellation policy. Please be responsible.
- You have been in close contact with someone who has COVID, even if you don’t display symptoms yourself. Please follow the latest government advice in this case, which has changed several times.
To keep everyone safe, I will also put the following rules/changes into place:
- My cancellation policy of 48 hours will stay in place, also in case of minor illness – nothing has changed in this regard. If you have to cancel, e.g. because of being symptomatic, but you feel well enough to sing, you will have your lesson online instead. Once again: We’ve done it for so long, and lessons won’t be cancelled just because of self-isolation requirements.
- This also means that I might occasionally need to move our session online because I have symptoms of a cold (I prefer not to put you at risk), or that lessons will be moved back online completely if the overall infection rates warrant it. This does not constitute a right on your behalf to skip lessons, or put them on hold.
- The need to stay masked ended on April 18. We will remain socially distanced for the time being. If you feel safer wearing a mask, you are welcome to do so for as long as you like (I might ask you to take it off briefly to see your mouth shape etc). If you would like me to wear a mask, please let me know – absolutely no problem. You can also opt to stay online if it feels safer.
- Arrive at the premises on time (not early) to minimise contact with other students/parents, and ring the doorbell just before your lesson starts (the waiting area still isn’t available at this moment in time).
- Use your own hand sanitiser before entering the premises. Hand sanitiser can also be provided upon entering the teaching space.
- Keep touching studio surfaces to the necessary minimum.
- If you use the toilet, wipe down surfaces after use with the wipes provided.
- Bring your own water since at this moment in time, no refreshments will be provided in the waiting area for health and safety reasons.
- Windows will be kept ajar at all times to ensure proper ventilation. If you get cold easily, please consider an extra layer/jumper.
- Sessions will begin to wrap up at 55/25 minutes to ensure you leave the premises on time.
- I need to air the studio and wipe down surfaces before the next student arrives. This means that the amount of available lesson slots will be reduced (for this reason, please consider if staying online might still be an option for you).
These measures are easy to follow and will help protect you, me, our loved ones and ultimately everyone.