It is finally here – the self-study course for performing arts teachers who want to make their studios more inclusive and mental health aware spaces.
In 2021, I ran a five-part webinar series about Mental Health in the Performing Arts Studio. Nearly 50 teachers from all over the world registered for what was supposed to be a one-off series about
- professional boundaries,
- becoming more mental health- and trauma-aware without straying into diagnostic or therapeutic territory, and
- learning safe and helpful approaches to support students not only when they experience performance anxiety, but also when life feels difficult and emotions run high.
I had so many enquiries from people who hadn’t initially registered to also make the webinar replays available for them, which made me recognise that there was a real need. And because I wanted to provide the support so many are obviously seeking as quickly as possible, I decided to turn the webinars into a self-study course.
You Will Receive Nearly 7 Hours of Video Recordings!
It doesn’t stop there though:
I have also added video transcripts for those of you who would like to read along, audio recordings to listen on the go, and all the slides to jog your memory.
Repurposing the webinars in this way will keep the cost of the course more affordable for many.
Having said this: Since you will gain lifetime access to this course, you will also receive every future update at no additional cost.
This Self-Study Course Is For You If...
This is what you’ll get…
1. The Nuts & Bolts - Course Materials
Almost 7 hours of video lectures, Accompanying materials, Quizzes to test your knowledge, Certificate of Completion.
2. Lifetime Access incl. Updates
Need to take a break from studying? Want to revisit? Worried information will become redundant as science moves on? You will always stay in the loop.
3. Further Study Opportunities at a Reduced Price
For everyone who has taken this self-study course, access to deeper learning opportunities, like consultations or themed teacher trainings, is available at a reduced rate.
And These Are Your Course Modules…
- Introduction: You will learn what this course is, what it enables you to do, and what it doesn’t.
- It All Starts With Boundaries: What are boundaries, how do they apply in the performing arts studio, and why are they necessary to protect both our own and our client’s mental health and wellness.
- About Inclusive Spaces And Being Trauma-Aware: What is trauma, how can it show up in ourselves and the people we work with, and how do we adjust our teaching to be truly supportive of trauma survivors without a need for them to disclose.
- The Mental Health Of Performers: What mental health problems are especially prevalent in the arts and why – and how we can chip away at the environments that create them little by little.
- What We Focus On Expands: An entire module devoted to performance anxiety, its manifestations, and how we can help without transgressing into therapeutic territory.
- What If Performers Were ACTing Like Superheroes: How you can use principles of acceptance and commitment coaching/therapy (ACC/ACT) in your studio and support your clients on their “hero’s journey” towards becoming psychologically flexible performers