PREPARATION AND ORGANISATION
- I will work effectively by having specialist knowledge and skills.
- I negotiate with contractors and employers the aims, objectives and desired outcomes for the work and maintain communication for the duration of the project.
- I understand the context of a programme or project to ensure the success of the activity for the participants.
- I adopt the appropriate attitude, behaviour and dress code.
- I manage my time effectively starting and finishing as planned and agreed.
- I am aware of the support I may need and request help when necessary.
- I keep up to date with all relevant paperwork, such as course planning documents, hand-outs, evaluation forms, invoices and budgets.
- I charge appropriately for my services.
SAFETY AND RESPONSIBILITY
- I take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of everyone in my care, especially children and vulnerable adults.
- I ensure that the activity is adequately insured.
- I ensure risk assessments are carried out and manage risks accordingly.
- I understand the contractor’s policies, routines and procedures e.g. child protection / equal opportunities / behaviour management / data protection.
- I provide references for my work and a Criminal Records Bureau disclosure where necessary.
- I ensure that the level of skills, knowledge and understanding are sufficient to undertake the work I am doing.
- I can demonstrate musical expertise, creativity and versatility.
- I have appropriate musical resources to be able to adapt and react to changing circumstances.
- I value all participants and treat them with respect.
- I am sensitive and responsive to both group and individual dynamics.
- I motivate and inspire participants.
- I lead high quality and enjoyable music experiences.
- I am friendly, approachable and professional in my manner.
EVALUATION AND REFLECTION
- I collect monitoring data for contractors and employers as required.
- I collect feedback from contractors, employers and participants.
- I reflect on my work and learn lessons for improved performance in the future.
- I improve and update my skills, knowledge and creativity through regular training, personal reflection and membership of professional bodies.
- I maintain my professional portfolio and CV.