No matter if you want to
- develop your speaking and/or singing voice
- strengthen your musicianship skills
- work on your confidence as a singer/performer
- grow as a person
- learn how the (singing) voice works
- start teaching yourself but don’t know where to start
- move your musical career forward
- get rid of limiting beliefs tied to your voice,
my unique approach will help you to find your true voice and build the instrument you always wanted.
I offer you
- a true passion for teaching voice
- the ability to teach both classical and contemporary singing styles, both in person and online
- additional training in psychology, which enables me to help with issues related to performance anxiety, low confidence, artistic identity crisis and blocks (individual cogcoaching packages available, please enquire)
- a studio equipped with two Yamaha Portable Grands, an extensive music library, backing tracks, Avid Vocal Studio (incl. condenser microphone & Pro Tools SE), a basic portable PA system with iPod dock and several dynamic microphones
- a supportive student network, ranging from complete beginner to seasoned performer and professional voice user, bands, music- and theatre groups
My clients cover the full range from complete beginner to professional musician. Past and present students include singers and actors in critically acclaimed films (British Independent Film Awards, Cannes Film Festival/Palme d’Or), The Voice UK and Britain’s Got Talent participants, recording artists and professional performers in Musical Theatre, Pop/Rock and Scottish Traditional Music/Folk.
My teaching is quite firmly grounded in physiology – the technical side of singing is important, and you will learn to use your voice in an efficient and sustainable way.
What though if I told you that this is only half of the equation? That there is more to singing than just having technical command over your voice?
This is where my special expertise in psychology and cognitive coaching comes in. Using the eight dimensions of primary emotion (a theory developed by psychologist Robert Plutchik), I will show you how emotions do not only help you to tell a powerful story, but also help with releasing and freeing your voice in the first place.
Are you ready to book a first session at the Dumbarton studio and begin your journey towards getting the voice you always wanted?
In case you are booking from a mobile phone, please make sure to rotate to landscape so the calendar renders correctly. In case you encounter any problems, you can also book here.