No matter if you want to
- develop your speaking and/or singing voice
- strengthen your musicianship skills
- work on your confidence as a singer/performer
- grow as a person
- learn how the (singing) voice works
- start teaching yourself but don’t know where to start
- move your musical career forward
- get rid of limiting beliefs tied to your voice,
my unique approach will help you build the instrument you always wanted.
I offer you
- a true passion for teaching voice
- a desire to help you find your voice – you don’t need to sound like everyone else, and there is no need to “learn classical technique first”. Our voices are designed to create all sorts of sounds in a healthy and sustainable way, so you do not need to worry that I will try to make you sound like someone you aren’t
- the ability to teach both classical and contemporary singing styles, both in person and online
- additional training in psychology, which enables me to help with issues related to performance anxiety, low confidence, artistic identity crisis and blocks (individual coaching packages available, please enquire)
- a studio equipped with two Yamaha Portable Grands, an extensive music library, backing tracks, Avid Vocal Studio (incl. condenser microphone & Pro Tools SE), a basic portable PA system with iPod dock and several dynamic microphones
- a supportive student network, ranging from complete beginner to seasoned performer and professional voice user, bands, music- and theatre groups
My clients cover the full range from complete beginner to professional musician. Past and present students include singers and actors in critically acclaimed films (British Independent Film Awards, Cannes Film Festival/Palme d’Or), The Voice UK and Britain’s Got Talent participants, recording artists and professional performers in Musical Theatre, Pop/Rock and Scottish Traditional Music/Folk.
My teaching is quite firmly grounded in physiology – the technical side of singing is important, and you will learn to use your voice in an efficient and sustainable way.
What though if I told you that this is only half of the equation? That there is more to singing than just having technical command over your voice?
This is where my special expertise in psychology and cognitive coaching comes in. You will discover how emotions and the power of intention do not only help you to tell a/your story, but also help with releasing and freeing your voice in the first place.