Is there anything I need to know before I take lessons/book a workshop?
- Lessons are payable in advance/upon booking. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO YOUR FIRST LESSON, so please be aware that you will need to pay upfront upon arranging a lesson time.
- Subsequent bookings can be paid, again in advance, in the studio in cash or by card. Cheques are only accepted for lesson packages. Payments via bank transfer (UK customers only), Stripe or PayPal are possible for online lessons, gift vouchers or if you purchase lesson packages.
- Coaching programs, lessons packages and gift vouchers, or remaining sessions therein, are non-refundable. This does not affect your statutory rights, or your cooling off period (if applicable).
- Lesson in packages have to be taken at the agreed interval (weekly or fortnightly) and expire after 3 months. This way, we ensure that you get the most out of your lessons and make satisfactory progress while still leaving enough “wriggle room” for longer planned absences.
- Coaching packages will expire as per your coaching agreement.
- Gift vouchers have to be redeemed within 12 months of purchase.
- Cancellation of lessons/coaching requires 48 hours notice, otherwise the full fee is payable, regardless of the reason for your cancellation. This also applies in cases of minor illness. Lessons cancelled with sufficient notice will be rescheduled, but no monetary refunds will be given.
- An adverse weather policy is in place in line with West Dunbartonshire Council’s school closures (i.e. lessons cancelled due to bad weather will be rescheduled if schools are closed). If WDC schools are open, please trust your own judgment if it is safe for you to travel, but understand that short term cancellations will still be payable in this case (we can meet online in this case so you don’t lose out, see next paragraph).
- If you have to cancel short notice for whatever reason (transport, contagious illness but well enough to sing etc), please note that it is always possible to have your lesson online – I want you to get the most out of your investment.
- I reserve the right to send a payment request to your mobile phone or email as soon as your account is in debit.
- If you are late, or (in case of online lessons) have not set up your equipment, our session will still finish on time. Therefore, please make sure you arrive on time and that everything is working properly in advance.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late without giving any notice, I might leave the studio premises/log off online, and your session will be forfeit.
- Terms & Conditions for workshops will vary depending on circumstances, and will be discussed with you in advance/upon booking.
- Recovery of any fees owed is subject to UK late payment legislation.
- By starting lessons/coaching, you automatically agree to these terms.
What do I need to bring to my sessions?
In the case of mindset coaching, you only need to bring yourself 🙂
In all other cases: Please bring your own playbacks, sheet music, music books, lyric sheets, tabs/chord sheets etc. whenever possible.
I usually don’t recommend buying sheet music books straightaway because I first need to get to know your vocal strengths and weaknesses, your music and style preferences. All this information will eventually determine what sources I will recommend. Until then, I have a wide selection of materials in my music library we can use during lessons to get you started. I will be happy to suggest sheet music volumes and point you towards single sheet downloads – it is not always necessary to purchase a whole album or sheet music book, especially not at the start.
My studio is sufficiently equipped to plug in or connect your MP3 players/phone, or to play your CDs. If you need any help with choosing backing tracks or sheet music, feel free to contact me.