IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I TAKE LESSONS WITH YOU/BOOK A WORKSHOP?
You will be provided with a full set of my Terms & Conditions via email (or in person) upon booking your first lesson. The most important points:
- Lessons are payable in advance/upon booking. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO YOUR FIRST LESSON, so please be aware that you will need to pay upfront upon arranging a lesson time. This is necessary to avoid no shows/cover studio rent and time that has been set aside for you.
- Subsequent bookings can be paid, again in advance, in the studio in cash or by card.
- Cheques are only accepted if you wish to pay in blocks.
- Payments via PayPal or bank transfer (UK customers only) are possible in case of online lessons or if you wish to pay in blocks.
- Cancellation of lessons/coaching requires 48 hours notice, otherwise the full fee is payable, regardless of the reason for your cancellation. This also applies in cases of minor illness. Lessons cancelled with sufficient notice will be rescheduled, but no monetary refunds will be given.
- I reserve the right to put lessons on hold until any outstanding fees are paid, and to send a PayPal payment request to your mobile phone or email as soon as your account is in debit.
- If you are late, or (in case of online lessons) have not set up your equipment, the lost time can unfortunately not be made up for, so please make sure that everything is working properly in advance. If you have technical problems, please let me know via email if you are still able to get online: I might be able to help.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late without giving any notice, the remainder of your lessons cannot be guaranteed.
- I cannot be held liable for Internet/connection problems, unless they are down to a technical problem originating at my end (in this case, I will try to inform you as soon as I become aware of them).
- Terms & Conditions for workshops will vary depending on circumstances, and will be discussed with you in advance.
- Recovery of any fees owed is subject to UK late payment legislation.
- By starting lessons/coaching, you automatically agree to these terms.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO MY LESSONS?
In the case of life and career coaching, you only need to bring yourself 🙂
In all other cases: Please bring your own playbacks, sheet music, music books, lyric sheets, tabs/chord sheets etc. whenever possible.
I usually don’t recommend buying sheet music books straightaway because I first need to get to know your vocal strengths and weaknesses, your music and style preferences. All this information will eventually determine what sources I will recommend. Until then, I have a wide selection of materials in my music library we can use during lessons to get you started. I will be happy to suggest sheet music volumes and point you towards single sheet downloads – it is not always necessary to purchase a whole album or sheet music book, especially not at the start.
My studio is sufficiently equipped to plug in your iPod/mp3 player, or to load your CDs. Therefore, please feel free to browse websites like Musicroom and Ameritz if you require backing tracks or sheet music. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.