The European Voice Teachers Association/Belgium (EVTA.be) has invited me to run my hugely successful webinar “What We Focus On Expands – An Introduction into Music Performance Anxiety” for the second year in a row.
This session will give voice users, performers and performing arts teachers a theoretical and practical introduction into the vast topic of (Music) Performance Anxiety:
- When nerves are more than “just stress”: What is anxiety, and why do we develop (Music) Performance Anxiety?
- The different manifestations of anxiety: How feelings of fear and anxiety impact voice users and performers somatically, cognitively and behaviourally
- The neuroception of threat: Why understanding “fight, flight and freeze” is the first step to normalising our physiological responses and removing the stigma
- How to help: The difference between “topdown” and “bottom up” approaches, and why there is no “one-size-fits-all-magic bullet”
- The importance of professional boundaries: When referral is advised
- Practical examples and explorations of safe strategies to help clients with (Music) Performance Anxiety without crossing the boundary into therapy
You can purchase your ticket here.